Located in the SE of Section 27, New Salem township and is about 2 miles south of the center of the town of New Salem. It has excellent roads on the south and east sides. Burials date from the 1850's to the present. The Gray cemetery was started around 1840 with an acre of ground that was given to the Cemetery Association. Later another acre was bought from the Hooper family. It is known as the Hooper addition. In 1991 they opened another acre of land known as the Gray Cemetery Annex. There are no records for the old section. Cemetery Book Volume IV lists 324 burials in Gray Cemetery.
Last article added: 04/20/08