The Bedford cemetery is not located at the old Bedford School house as indicated on the plat books. Instead, it is in the northwest 1/4 of section 13 of Montezuma township on land now owned by the Munsch & Hamman Estate - about one mile north east of the old school house. It is on the south slope of a hill and has steep slopes to the east and west. It contains about three acres, allof which is covered with low sprouts, reeds, briars and ground hog dens. At least 65 graves are indicated by peony bushes, creek rocks, old funeral markers or sunken places. Most of the burials date from 1850 to the 1920's. The stones were scattered, many down and partly covered. Cemetery Book Volume V has 126 listings for Bedford cemetery.
Last article added: 04/13/08