Pike County ILTidbits Project

Register | Forgot Password
Pike County Historical Society
Data, images, etc., found on the PikeCoILGenWeb.org website is for the use of individual researchers only. It is NOT for other groups to copy and place on their website.

Previous Article

Pike County Historical Society
Contributed by Pike County ILGenWeb
Print | Save | Discuss (6) | E-Mail | Report

Please note: This website is NOT associated with the Pike County Historical Society. Any comments left here for the Pike County Historical Society are not read or answered by them.

Pike County Historical Society
P.O. Box 44
Pittsfield, IL 62363

Please send an inquiry letter for book availability and pricing information.

Pike County History by Jess M. Thompson, 563 pages
Online Index

History of Pike County ILL 1880
(A reproduction by Phillips Brothers 1979)
Online Transcription
Original by Chas. C. Chapman & Co., 1880 966 pgs + Index

Cemetery Books
(be sure to check our on-line cemetery records)

Volume I

covers townships of: Cincinnati, Derry, Kinderhook, Levee & Pleasant Vale

Previous Article

Pat Moody

#1 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 08/10/10 - 08:59:20:
Subject: info
I am looking for a death record and cemetery information for a Sarah Esther Hedger Shinn. died 1851 in New Salem, Pike Co, Il. Married Caleb Shinn in 30 Nov 1948 in Pittsfield, Pike Co, Il.
Sharon Watts Urban

#2 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/09/11 - 14:53:18:

I am looking for obituary, death, or cemetery records (or anything) for my 3rd Great Grandparents, James and Julia Watts. He last listed in 1880 Derry, Pike Co. IL, US Census. Believe he died in 1881 in Pike Co., IL. Believe Julia Watts died before 1860 in same county.

Edited by Barbara on 07/10/11 - 21:32:47
breauche
New

Usergroup: Member
Joined: Jul 18, 2011
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Total Articles: 0
Total Comments: 1
#3 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/18/11 - 11:45:19:

I am looking for any family members. My grandfather was Oscar Coleman and he married Gertrude Bower in Barry April 27th 1902 at M.E. Parsonage with William M. Hailey, Minister. Witnesseswere Dallas Coleman, Mrs.Margaret Colerie and Mrs. Stephen McCarls. I know my grandparents moved to Alberta, Canada but I am looking for any records of their parents I believe both fathers names were Franklin. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
beverly evans

#4 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 01/30/13 - 14:58:17:

Where can I purchase Volume six of the cemetery books?
Darrell Parker

#5 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 06/10/15 - 23:18:53:

Hello,
I am trying to find any info on
David Searles (Farmer)
born about 1804 maybe in Virginia?
died Aug 1850 of Cholera age 46
Married to Myra Stuart 9 Oct 1837 Adams County, Il

He is my 2 great grandfather.
Children:
Fedis about 1841
Newton about 1849
Lucinda (Lucy) E Searles my Great Grandmother

John McConnell lived near Searles, after his wife died it is believed he and his family moved in with Myra and her family. They later came West over the Oregon Trail and were married October 1851 in Clackamas, Clackamas, Oregon, USA.

I can
Carol Martin

#6 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 02/15/16 - 14:09:50:

I am looking for 2 graves. One is Mary Ringer Rush. She lived in Huntington Twp., Ross County along the Pee Pee Creek. So it's possible she may have been buried in Pike County. She died September 13, 1857. The other was Joseph Rush, her son, he died in Jan. of 1870.

Post Reply

Quick Reply
Your Name:
Your Comment:

You may use BB Codes in your message.
Anti-Spam Image:
Type the letters and numbers shown on the left into the box on the right (this is to prevent automated submissions).
security image

Members currently reading this thread:

Submitted: 01/26/08 (Edited 07/10/11)

Views: 11038 views. Averaging 3 per day.
In the most recent 30 day period, there've been 4 views.

Previous Article